That’s a long title to say that I’ll be away from the keyboard for the next week or two.
If you knew me in the real world you would understand and empathize the great struggle I face when I step away from the laptop and venture into summer’s great heat.
I hate sweating, whimper once sunburned and abhor swimming suits. There just not made for gals like me, ya know?
Nevertheless, I am endeavoring to take a break from writing for a few weeks — blog posts can wait, I’m going to get a tan. Or at least sweat a lot and forget to shave my legs.
But how does an introverted blogger leave her laptop behind and enjoy the beauties of Summer without going mad? These are my tips … be sure to comment your ideas too!
1. Do bring a good book wherever you go.
2. Do spend the time outside
scheming and dreaming of future blog posts which will lead to certain fame and fortune, I mean, do let the fresh air and sunshine inspire you to brainstorm.
3. Do delete various spam comments throughout your break. There’s no reason to let those wicked things add up in your comment box.
4. Do relax. Kiss your husband. Kiss your mom. Kiss your sister. Laugh. Play Uno, eat popcorn and watch movies late into the night.
5. Don’t wear sunscreen … unless you want to avoid blisters and pain and be happy in general.
6. Rejoice in the LORD’s day — the sunshine your basking in? He made it. Rejoice and glorify Him by enjoying it fully.
Autumn will be here sooner then we know it and there will be plenty of writing time when the weather has turned and skies are gray.
With love, blessings and a hankering for latte’!