Hello, hello, dear readers!
2018 is now eight days old and I’m thinking a new year and new set of goals is the perfect time to begin writing again. Life has slowed me down these days and the combination of busyness and the good yet challenging life changes we’ve gotten to experience have been an excuse for not writing. But I miss this old place, the creative joy and friendships and I’m aiming to come back.
Today, I am turning 28 years old. Woohoo! 😀 It’s alarming and amazing to think I’m getting closer and closer to 30 years old. I feel so young, like life is just beginning! How can I be getting into my 30’s? 😉
My key words for 2018 are thrive and surrender. I want to thrive in my roles of Christian, wife, help meet, mother, and friend. And I want to surrender the things which held me back last year: fear, worry, and the desire to be in control. 2017 was good in so many ways, but there were many moments when I felt like I was barely keeping my head above the waters; instead of thriving I was sinking in a lot of self-pity, fear, and worry. Instead of surrendering my worry and fear and pride to my LORD, I held tight to these things thinking that being in control would help me survive the craziness of of a difficult pregnancy, PROM, NICU life, and the challenges that come from having a wonderfully made, medically-complex child.
This year, I want to let the Lord have more control and I want to enjoy the journey. Here are 8 goals I’ve set!
- Make Bible reading a part of my daily life again (personally and with Uriah)
- Create and keep to a daily schedule that will include me making healthy meals for Dalton (I’ve been struggling in the cooking department lately)
- Get Uriah totally on real food blends
- Get Uriah crawling
- Lose 28 pounds (in honor of my 28th year!) I’m still packing my pregnancy weight + the weight 7 months of NICU/living away from home seemed to add to my waistline. 😉
- Start weekly outings with Uriah to non-germy places until flu season is over (I’m thinking outside park walks, library, and Runge conservation building 1-2 times a week)
- Begin Trim Healthy Mama plan
- Begin going to church again once flu season is over
Some of my dreams for 2018 would include finding a country home to rent or buy, getting Uriah stable enough for a visit to our families (who live 3 hours away; we haven’t been for a home visit in over a year), wean Uriah off of the ventilator, and blogging consistently enough that Authentic Virtue grows and opens doors to future writing. <3 Oh, and a birdie. I would love to own a little bird who sings and brightens our home but it would have to be very clean since we don’t want to compromise Uriah’s health. Oh, one more thing. I would love to have a flower garden/porch garden/herb garden/shade garden somewhere this summer. 🙂
What are you wanting to accomplish this year? I would love to hear your goals and aspirations! “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
Love, blessings, and coffee,